Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stuff....and Things

I've been working on this over the past few days. What is it, I don't know. I mean its teddy bears with their heads and one leg cut off, all sewn together; but what is it REALLY. I don't know. I like it though. Now I just need to figure out a way to defend it.


AND, as a cool byproducts I have these sweet decapitated teddy bear heads.



Its interesting that people cringed when they saw me cutting the bears' heads off. To be honest it felt like an immoral act while I was doing it, but it needed to be done.

3 comments:

Andrew S. Parnell said...

Your new desk decorations... creepy. Obscenely creepy.


...I like it!

Bryson said...

http://junomain.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/kelley-frankenstein.jpg

Frankenstein by Mike Kelley:

A bunch of stuffed animals sewn together in a weird way. Not quite the same, but I thought you might find it interesting. Kelley made a point to sew a lot of these weird little things, and displayed them in all sorts of ways. Sometimes the stuffed animals would be soiled and dirty. Its great when fine arts are intentionally smelly.

smoore5 said...

here are the bears inside out

http://www.kentrogowski.com/bears.html


he does some cool stuff